My Family

My Family
Easter 2014

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Day 21- Up late, so might as well blog :)

As I typed a smiley face in the title of my blog, I wondered, will there ever be better graphic options? Maybe there already is and I just don't know about them! I am kind of slow on technology, I mean I still have a regular Ipod, not a touch one. I don't own an Ipad or Kindle, and my computer is super old, I'm surprised it still works! Actually I'm not, it's because I've named it, just like my truck. I once heard from a good friend that if you name your items they will work better for you! As I was putting away my beautiful purple Ikea dishes tonight, I remembered how much I love stuff, and how much things actually do bring me joy. That sounds kind of sick doesn't it? It's true though! I like things, especially pretty things. I love teapots, hummingbird figurines, scented candles, picture frames, decorative crosses, oh and I just received a beautiful purple cross from my loving friend Molly, just because she loves me, the best reason for a gift! :) She's awesome! So putting away my dishes tonight got me thinking, If I love pretty stuff this much, those who don't have it would also love to have it too right? Do you think that's true? Do you think the beautiful little girls in Haiti, would love to have there very own pretty porcelain tea sets to play with? Or do you think it would be pointless? I actually think they would love to have one to play with! Much like the stickers we were handing out that they went crazy for and couldn't get enough of... I bet each of them would absolutely love to own their very own little tea set and I would love to sit down and have a tea party with them! That used to be one of mine and Belle's favorite things to do together, dress up and have a tea party, especially after her morning kindergarten, she would request that we have a tea party together for lunch... I really miss those days with my baby girl.

So how can it be done? Can it be done? Should it be done? I'm full of questions, I know. I know they still need fresh running water in Phaeton, Haiti, so worrying about how to get a tea set into the hands of each of the little girls just seems ridiculous in a way :( Is it though? Feeling like I want to do something...something bigger than what I'm doing now. Lord Jesus, please provide and help me to live with open hands all for Your glory.









2 comments:

Janice said...

Let's talk about this sometime...
I have some theories on happiness.

Sandra said...

Would love to Janice! :)