My Family

My Family
Easter 2014

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Day 27 of Month 2- PTA

Sunday I cheated on "7" clothing again (gasp!) I wore my Kidz Praize t-shirt again along with all the Kidz Praize peeps. We served an outreach with our songs of praise and choreography at an assisted living elderly home.  I always love serving there, just the smiles and thank you's we get from the residents are soooo worth it! I love how our South Hills Church children bring them happiness :)

Yesterday was a cleaning and a little bit of Easter decorating kind of day...I'm surprised I decorated for Easter this early! So not like me! I usually wait for a day or two before, I'm working on being more on top of things though.

Had to cancel my scheduled PTA Nominating committee lunch today, due to their being only a couple of people willing to serve on the board next year...we need parents to step up! A few of us were talking and we're thinking parents just might not realize how much the PTA actually does for the families at school...we provide the family back to school breakfast, which is always well attended.  We help with Fall Festival, Pumpkins and Poems contest. We help provide for families who need Thanksgiving meals, Santa Shopping fun for kids, Nevada Reading week activities & books, Teacher Appreciation week of gifts and luncheon, Moms and Muffins, Dads and Donuts, Snow cone party's, field trips, skate nights, plus raise funds for wish list items for the classrooms & teachers etc.  The PTA supports the school in a big way!  What would the school do without PTA??? My son told me I had to be on PTA board again next year, I think at the time he forgot he would be a big 6th grader at a new school next year, but when he said it, I realized just how much it means to him that I serve and stay involved at their school. I do it for my kids, for my community and for my God.  May God be glorified in all that I do, for without Him I can't do one single thing.  Thankful for the life He breathes into me, may it be pleasing to Jesus always.

No comments: