My Family

My Family
Easter 2014

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Day 12- Thankful for my husband

Great Sunday! Although I did NOT want to get up this morning! I blame it on my unbelievably warm, cozy, soft, fuzzy blanket. I have never in my life owned a blanket that I love this much. I bought it the day after Christmas with my gift money when I went shopping with my mom and my sis for my sister's b-day. It was meant for me, I got it at Big Lot's, a beautiful shade of purple, they only had one and it was only $15! I couldn't pass it up. I had meant for it to be a living room blanket for when I'm sitting on the couch to read or watch a movie, but I not only use it for that, I use it EVERY night for sleeping too! My honey calls me Linus. I love this blanket so much in fact, that I went back a few times to see if I could buy more! I wanted to get some for gifts, but they never had more, I even looked online and researched the brand to try and order directly from the manufacturer, but nope, wasn't happening. I wound up buying a blanket for my friend at the Rescue Mission, a soft, blue, plush blanket, which she likes, but I was sad I couldn't get her one exactly like mine :( I'm still holding out hope that I will find more some day. Don't think I'm weird, you probably already do anyway, but I imagine how awesome it would be, to be able to give brand new amazing blankets exactly like mine, to children or people who really need one....wouldn't that be awesome?! I wrote way too much about my blanket. I admit, I probably have an unhealthy addiction to it, which is crazy for an adult right? Trust me, if you had one, you would probably feel the same way!

So it did turn out to be a great Sunday! Ran out of time in Sunday school this morning with the little guys... trying to do 2 crafts after the Worship time and Bible lesson might have been a little too much, but the kids were working hard! Church service was great and I met and chatted with a new girl sitting right next to me, who had only attended once before on our Wednesday worship night. I really hope I see her at church again and that I recognize her! I still remember her name, so that is half the battle!! After church we delivered more GS cookies, then finally came home to eat, and by then I was starving! Had 1/2 Shakeology with TWO bananas added in, almost made up for the missing peanut butter but not quite, and a yummy cheese and avocado omelet. Lunch was satisfying. Then Belle was off to Girl Scouts and we were off to Life Group with some amazing friends! I took the other 1/2 of my Shakeology so I wouldn't be tempted by all the yummy food at Life Group...and it worked! :)

At church I stopped to chat with someone who is also doing Jen Hatmaker's, "7-An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess" challenge and she asked if I was going to do what all of the other ladies decided to do, which is take 1 meal off this month, maybe for Valentine's Day. I told her I was thinking about it, but only for my 15th wedding anniversary coming up on the 15th. I do feel conflicted about it, but she encouraged me in it. Sooooo.... I'm leaning towards taking the evening off. JJ has been so supportive through this whole thing. He offered for us to celebrate our anniversary in March. He really loves me, I'm so thankful for my husband. I don't think it's fair of me to ask that of him, and I am so happy to be celebrating 15 wonderful years of marriage to him, so it is important to me, that we celebrate it on our special day and yes, now I've decided, that is what we will do. (I'll still write my boring blog that day though, I think ;)

Well time to crawl back into bed with my blanket, looking forward to walking/talking with my friend tomorrow. Good Night!

p.s. I want to go to a church where everyone is barefooted! (you'll have to read Jen Hatmaker's book to find out what that means ;)



No comments: