My Family

My Family
Easter 2014

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Day 8- Tempted! All about the food today!

I ate a ton of grapes today! It was just one of those days! I was feeling weak and really, really, REALLY wanted a Caramel Delight! I imagined myself opening the box and eating just one, ok there is NO WAY I could eat just one, but I wanted to sooo bad! Why is it easy on some days, and hard on others? My daughter came home from piano lessons and tempted me with a generic store brand milk chocolate bar that she got from her teacher. She ate it right in front of me, waved it in my face and asked in a sweet sinister way, "Do you wish you could have some?" I seriously thought I saw horns on her head!;) I asked her, "Why are you tempting me??" She just laughed and then asked if I could open it more for her so she could get to the rest of it! Yep I was drooling, and it's cheap chocolate too! I'm sure I would have loved it, but (sigh) I didn't give in. Instead I enjoyed MORE grapes and let me tell you they are deliciously sweet, juicy and firm, they're perfect! I wonder what they would taste like chocolate covered? Anyone ever have a chocolate covered grape before??? I might have to try it next month! Today I ate over-medium eggs, 2 bowls of chicken in broth (1 for lunch and 1 dinner), avocados, cheese and of course grapes! I really need to have my chocolate Shakeology, that might help with my chocolate cravings, and I was really considering making it tonight, but I was actually too full to have it. Chicken in broth soup is very filling, I'm still enjoying it too, I wonder if I will get tired of it? Time will tell.

I delivered GS cookies again today, one to a friend I hadn't seen since High School and another to a friend I don't see very often. It's always good to visit with friends :) Went to Roman's Bible Study with some beautiful God-loving women, then picked up MORE GS cookies! I think that's why I want them so bad, they are always on my brain right now, talking about them, picking them up, sorting and delivering them. It's all going to be worth it though. My daughter will accomplish her goal of at least 400 boxes, earn her badges, and be able to go on the Wild Animal Park trip in October. All Thanks to AMAZING, GENEROUS, KIND, and LOVING Family and Friends, we appreciate all of them!!!

I was so anxious for tonight to be in church worshiping my Savior by singing songs of praise to Him with my church family, but that didn't happen. We were almost to church when we had to pull over because my son got sick. Poor buddy, I felt bad for him and he did not think he would be able to make it through the service, so we turned around and headed back home. He seems to be doing better now, which is a praise, because he has tests at school tomorrow that he does not want to miss and make up.

Well it's time for reading and sleeping. Good night! I'm hoping tomorrow, I won't feel tempted again, I hate that feeling!!! I need to pray more, and stay busier I guess.

2 comments:

Natalie, Brian, Rachel, Erick said...

Love your blog!!!

Sandra said...

Thank You Natalie! I love yours and Moriya's too!!! I have a lot of reading to catch up on! :)