My Family

My Family
Easter 2014

Friday, February 17, 2012

Day 17- chocolate covered everything!

I'm realizing that I am a chocoholic! I guess I just never realized it before. But as my daughter and I were shopping for a b-day present and I walked past a large bucket of pretzel sticks, the only thing that came to mind, was "mmmm, I'd love to dip those in chocolate! And I'm not even a huge pretzel fan, unless of course they are covered in chocolate!" I've got a serious problem if chocolate is always on my brain. Why can't I be craving broccoli or something healthy like that? At least I would feel more confident that this self-control I am using, will be able to continue in March! No, I need to stay positive. I can and I will be more in control with my quantity and quality of food choices. I'm sure you all know this but the country with the highest obesity rate is our very own U.S.A. Not good at all, but I know we can change that, with God's help and His perspectives in each of our lives, we CAN change!

Great early morning walk with my friend Amy this morning. Always love our chats, and I really love her family. They are genuine people with big hearts for Jesus and those in need. I'm seriously looking forward to serving another mission trip with them on the Island of Hispaniola in July. Can't wait!!!

My husband and I both played nurse today to our son who stayed home with a fever and ear infection, and to my mom who had a doctor appointment and just needed some tender loving care today. I hope we served them both well with love, patience and genuine concern. They are our family and we love them.

Well not too much to write about tonight, but definitely A LOT to pray about! There are so many friends going through so much right now. I have so many people on my heart and mind that I need to pray for...so, I'm signing off. Good Night!

No comments: