My Family

My Family
Easter 2014

Monday, February 27, 2012

Day 27- first day of fast and freaking out

So I decided today would be the first day that I'm going to do once a week of fasting food all day in order to give my meals money to someone in need. It was a little hard, but surprisingly not too hard. 

Today was a shopping day, my honey and my boy needed some clothes, and I needed new sandals and of course I picked up some "new to me" clothes too :) I decided I would take 3 bags of clothes into Savers a second hand store and buy used clothes to save money, I kind of look at it as exchanging. They give me discount coupons in exchange for my clothes and I get a LOT for my money, and that's just what I did! I paid $12 for two cute dresses for me, $12 for 2 pair of jeans for my son, $12 for two pair of dress pants and $56 for 9 dress shirts for my Honey, he really needed work clothes! I need to shop regularly so I don't have to buy so much at once, the problem is I hate going shopping anymore, so I avoid it as much as possible!   Clothes are on my mind now, and I'm FREAKING OUT trying to narrow down the 7 articles of clothes I will wear all month long starting March 1st. I thought this next month would be easy for me, already I'm seeing how much having so many clothing options means to me! God is shining a light on areas I thought I didn't have issues in... I guess I'm still glad I'm doing this experiment, ugh! (just being real!)

Continuing the shopping day, right after school my son wanted to go buy Poke Park 2 Wii game. He's been saving up for it and waiting patiently for it to be released. He found out after going to 3 stores the release date on the website is actually the ship date, so we will be heading back tomorrow when the stores actually have it. He's learning  to wait with patience, it's a good thing :)

My mom's kitty cat of 19 years died today, so sad :(  I can't believe she's gone. She was a good kitty, I'll never forget her kitten years, she could jump amazingly high and liked to play keep away. She had a wonderful life and will be missed. I'm praying for my mom, it's hard saying bye to a pet you love so much.

No comments: