My Family

My Family
Easter 2014

Monday, February 6, 2012

End of Day 6- Are you Rich?

Pretty amazed at how well I am doing on this eating thing. I have always thought of myself as an all or nothing person, and it seems like the more I do this the more I prove how true that is. Yes I do think about eating a Girl Scout Caramel Delight cookie every now and then, especially when I'm sorting out orders and handling all those hundreds of boxes of cookies, but I haven't given into the temptation yet and I won't! Started out my morning with a long talk with God. My heart is heavy for someone I love, who knows truth and chooses not to walk in it. I'm concerned. Concerned for this person's salvation. I will never understand why a person who knows the truth, and had a ministry that shared the Gospel, touched many lives and brought many to Christ, can just choose to walk away and live selfishly and in sin. This person is bringing strife and hardships on their own life, as well as on others who love and care for them, because of their bad choices. What will it take for this person to return to God and completely surrender their life and will to Him once and for all?! I just don't see how a life without God, especially after claiming to know Jesus, can be anything but miserable. I Had a wonderful long walk and talk with my beautiful friend and sister in Christ today. Molly is just one of those friends who I can share with and confide with on anything and everything. I'm so thankful for her! She is amazing and I admire how much she loves Jesus and desires to serve Him with all she has and is. She inspires and motivates me to always pursue righteousness, love God, love people, and to listen and follow the Holy Spirit and the desires He has placed on my heart. I'm so glad we are doing this 7 month journey together :) I'm really enjoying Jen Hatmaker's book "7- An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess" and I leave you with this quote from it that left me just shaking my head.
"And I was so blinded I didn't even know we were rich. How can I be socially responsible if unaware that I reside in the top percentage of wealth in the world? (You probably do too: Make $35,000 a year? Top 4 percent. $50,000? Top 1 percent.)Excess has impaired perspective in America; we are the richest people on earth, praying to get richer. We're tangled in unmanageable debt while feeding the machine, because we feel entitled to more. What does it communicate when half the global population lives on less than $2 a day, and we can't manage a fulfilling life on twenty-five thousand times that amount? Fifty thousand times that amount? It says we have too much, and it is ruining us." -Jen Hatmaker

No comments: