My Family

My Family
Easter 2014

Friday, February 10, 2012

End of Day 10...yep, I'm addicted to food!

Well, one thing for sure, this is not getting any easier. I'm low on energy, feeling a bit fatigued and actually kind of grumpy. As much as I try to be thankful for 7 food choices I can have, and I am praying earnestly for those who don't have it nearly as good as I do, after 10 days of eating the same things over and over, quite frankly, I'm just losing my appetite for what I can have. I just have to hang in there though. I was reminded today while reading the Bible, of a conversation I had with beautiful Sarah at church, who said "she thought this 7 experiment was a good thing and how she can sometimes let her stomach be her god, by worrying too much about what she is going to eat." I'm realizing how much food means to me! It means way too much! I hope once this month of fasting is done, that I will have learned a valuable lesson, that I won't return to my old ways of gluttony, that I will choose healthy choices the majority of the time and that I will practice self control when eating, especially when eating the un-healthy sugary dessert foods on rare occasions!!! I'm really hoping depriving myself this month, will help me later to know, YES I can survive if I don't have ice cream for dessert; grapes, bananas or any of the awesome fruit variety's work just as well too, and even better!

I had a nice relaxing day at home, was able to read a lot, dream, plan and talk with my husband JJ a lot, take a nap, enjoy the sound of my niece and nephew playing and laughing hard with their cousin Eli, while Belle and her daddy were out selling GS cookies and I almost finished Girl Scout bookmarks that are due in 2 days. Tomorrow the project continues. I'm looking forward to tomorrow, should be a great day! Hoping I will feel energized.

Interesting scriptures I read this morning that really made me think a lot today... I don't want my stomach to be my god, and I don't want to live as an enemy to the cross of Christ, I don't want my mind set on earthly things...work in me Lord and change me from the inside out. I love God's Word! It's amazing how He speaks to us through it!

Philippians 3:17-21 "Join together in following my (Paul's) example, brothers and sisters, and just as you have us as a model, keep your eyes on those who live as we do. For, as I have often told you before and now tell you again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is set on earthly things. But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body."

No comments: