My Family

My Family
Easter 2014

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Day 18- only 11 days left!

I think the temptation is harder on the weekends when we are not busy! We relaxed a lot today, not going anywhere since my son is still recovering from being sick. I stayed kind of busy but being home all day with the kids and JJ eating pretty much whatever they want, makes me drool! They have Valentine candy they've been enjoying and I'm just watching them eat it...sooo hard! Still staying strong...at one point making my Shakeology meal replacement drink, I said to my husband, "I should just put peanut butter in it? Shouldn't I, it's ok if I cheat a little don't you think?" And being so supportive he said, "No. Come on you can do it, you only have 11 days left." To which I exclaimed "Only 11 days?! That's not long at all! You're right I can do it!" He is thee best accountability partner ever, I couldn't do this without his support. He completes me. :)

I helped my daughter set up her own blog today. She REALLY wanted to do it and has been begging me to help her. I'm excited to see what she will be writing and I think it will be great journaling for her. My son seems interested too, maybe he'll be next. This blog world is fun. I have looked at many blogs now and enjoy reading them when I can. I've never been great at journaling. I have started many journals, different types, but I've never been able to consistently stick to writing in them. I much prefer writing on the computer. I hate my handwriting.

I'm looking forward to going into the next month of this experimental mutiny against excess and really trying to imagine what it will be like wearing only 7 articles of clothing for the entire month. (not including undergarments, I think I've mentioned that before, phew!) I need to get creative! And I'm really looking forward to continuing in this journey. Reading ahead in Jen Hatmakers book for the month of "spending" I read something that really struck a chord in my heart. "I am the consumer the poor world and the responsible world and the world itself can't stand or sustain any longer. How will I answer for my choices when God confronts them one day? With this much expendable income funding restaurants, shoe stores, and movie theaters, I doubt Jesus will accept my excuses for neglecting the poor on account of cash flow."

Dear Jesus, I want to live and love like you want me to! I welcome you to change my life for your Kingdom's cause!

No comments: