My Family

My Family
Easter 2014

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Day 29! Self-control a gift from God

Wow, it's the end of the very last day of eating only 7 foods for an entire month! Eggs, chicken, avocados, cheese, bananas, grapes and Shakeology, I still like and enjoy all 7 of you, and I'm thankful to God for you, but it will be extremely nice to ADD to you for more variety!!

The most important lesson I have learned through this experiment is that I do have the Holy Spirit given fruit of Temperance, also known as Self-Control! It is definitely a gift and now I recognize it as such and need to be responsible to use it the way God wants me too.  I need to use it daily, anytime God prompts my heart when I feel excessive tendancies trying to take over!
In everything I do, even in eating and drinking, I need to do all things unto the Lord in such a way that He is glorified and honored in it.

I've learned so much just in this first month of seven and I am already making drastic changes in my walk and relationship with Jesus my Lord. I'm excited to see where this next month will take me.  Change me to be more like you Jesus, that is my hearts desire!

Galatians 5:22-25 ESV "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit."

No comments: