My Family

My Family
Easter 2014

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Day 19- Things that make me go hmmm?

Why do I never want to get up on Sunday mornings? Is it because it is called by some the Sabbath day and I'm just trying to observe it by resting?! Ha! I wish! Actually it's because I'm just plain lazy sometimes! So I finally got out of bed this morning, and got ready for church and what a wonderful day at church it was! We started Kidz Praize up again today and had so much fun practicing our first song for the spring outreaches and St. Patrick's Day parade. It's all going to be awesome! I love working with the children especially with music, it's the best of both worlds! The church service today was wonderful with another powerful message on the danger of holding on to bitterness preached by Rev. Kev.

For Life Group today we all brought delicious Italian food! I made chicken fettucini pesto alfredo. It smelled sooo good, I really wanted some! There was a few other kinds of pasta as well as garlic bread, bruschetta, and b-day cupcakes for Diana! It really was all so delcious, or so I was TOLD!!! No,I didn't cheat. I enjoyed my yummy Shakeology. Only 10 more days! But who's counting? ;) Next small group is Mexican food, hmmm, what to make? Anyway, we had great discussion at life group. Love all the genuine Christ following brother's and sister's in our group! I wish everyone could belong to a life group as awesome as ours. We had fun! Amy is the best hostess ever! :)

So when we were finally home for the evening, I picked up my "7- An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess" book again and began to read some more, and Wow! Heavy stuff! Let me tell you! And really it's nothing new to me as far as my own thoughts and feelings are concerned. Especially after coming back from Dominincan Republic last summer. It's crazy the convictions I feel now. I'm so glad my husband sits and listen's to me and helps me to sort out my thoughts and emotions. Are we really living as Jesus has called us to live? Are we??? Is the American Christ following church living as Jesus commanded? Things that really make me go, hmmmm? It's really something we all need to ask ourselves and ask God too, especially if we claim to be followers of Christ. My mind is now loaded with questions and I need to study God's Holy Living Word, pray and do more research!!! I do not want to blend in with the mainstream Christian church, and just be a cultural Christian. I believe God has called us all to a greater purpose! Truly seeking His will in my life.



No comments: